[whatwg] input type=image width/height attributes

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue Dec 23 15:12:56 PST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:08:35 +0100, Kartikaya Gupta
<lists.whatwg at stakface.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:57:06 -0500, Douglas Mayle
> <douglas at openplans.org> wrote:
>> What's the problem with specifying that as style attributes?
>
> I don't have a problem with it, and I think that's how authors should be
> doing it. However, I thought HTML5 was supposed to be describing
> existing browser behavior (in addition to adding new stuff), in which
> case this should be added.

Note that much of the obsolete stuff that browsers have to support is not
yet defined in detail, especially things that affect rendering. E.g., the
various attributes for table elements that affect layout are not yet
defined either, though should be in due course. (Although this prolly
depends on the CSS WG defining a "proper" table layout model they can hook
into.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>