[whatwg] Notifications API removed

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Dec 29 02:21:01 PST 2008

I've commented out the Notifications API, since there was little interest
in it, and what little interest there was was in the form of requests for
a rather complete overhaul (changing from strings to arbitary documents).

Since notifications are mostly independent of HTML anyway, I encourage
people who are interested in this feature to define it in an orthogonal
specification, e.g. in the W3C Web Apps working group.

Cheers,