[whatwg] Spellchecking mark III

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:26:01 PST 2008

2008/12/30 Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni at gmail.com>:
> maybe we could just say that spellchecking is disabled when type is not text
> (for email, uri and number you have validation) and when a pattern attribute
> is specified

Personally, if I were to write "Gionvanni Campagna" into a multiline
text field. I'd like it to match the thing that i wrote into the email
field (it turns out that I've managed to misspell your name, I'm
sorry, but that's the point). So ideally the system which i use to
spell check would be able to share information with my contacts and
would also enable me to teach it spelling based on the email address
fields.