[whatwg] Canvas line styles comments

Philip Taylor excors+whatwg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 13:25:20 PST 2008

On 02/02/2008, Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
> The rounding arc should be chosen
> so that it is not contained in the convex hull of the stroke path segments
> terminated at the points where the arc begins.

I believe I can see the idea there, but I can't quite tell what that
phrase means about terminating. The "contained within" also seems
inaccurate, because e.g.
lineWidth=100;moveTo(0,0);lineTo(1,0);lineTo(1,1) would result in a
convex hull that doesn't contain either arc, though I think it'd be
alright if said "does not intersect" instead.

A possible alternative that seems simpler and (I think) correct
(except in the special parallel case): The rounding arc should be
chosen so that if it was closed, it would not contain the join point.

--
Philip Taylor
excors at gmail.com