[whatwg] Web Sockets

Mike Wilson mikewse at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:04:11 PDT 2008

Blocking I/O on the main thread is ok if it's possible to specify
a timeout for the I/O operation, see:

http://www.openajax.org/runtime/wiki/Synchronous_XHR_Enhancements

and if the UA'a user interface is kept responsive (running animated
GIFs, repainting UI etc) and allows the user to abort the blocking
operation (f ex as a new use of the Stop button), see:

http://www.openajax.org/runtime/wiki/Browser_Unresponsive_Mode_Enhancements

Best regards
Mike Wilson