[whatwg] Proposal for a link attribute to replace <a href>

Simon Pieters simonp at opera.com
Wed Jul 30 06:46:46 PDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:29:47 +0200, James Graham <jg307 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

Indeed.

> being able to link whole table rows seems like one of the major use
> cases for this proposal.

I don't know how to do that short of using script.

Perhaps HTMLElement should have a links collection to make it simpler to
write the script?

> Would the implementor feedback that global href is a bad idea still
> apply if instead of "global" it was "large set of elements" where the
> large set would explicitly not include things like form elements?

Allowing href in more places is potentially a security problem since
suddenly you could run scripts from things that blacklist-based sanitizers
don't filter out.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software