[whatwg] Joined blocks

Shannon shannon at arc.net.au
Thu Jul 31 22:35:11 PDT 2008

I agree this is _mostly_ a CSS issue except that there is semantic
meaning to the join attribute beyond layout. The attribute could serve
as a guide to search engines, web-scrapers or WYSIWYG applications that
two areas of the page should be considered a single piece of content. I
am also unsure as to how this might affect other aspects of browser,
javascript or DOM behaviour. There may be other uses or side-effects I
can't imagine. At any rate CSS cannot associate elements so the join
attribute should be considered independent of the style considerations
as a means of saying "this block follows that one". Nonetheless I will
do as you suggest.

Shannon