[whatwg] createImageData

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Mon Jun 9 20:25:36 PDT 2008

Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> Sorry it took me a bit to respond here... so, ok, based on the
> discussion, I'd suggest:
>
> - user-created ImageData-like objects should be supported, e.g. with
> language such as:

Do note that dealing with user-created objects isn't trivial. You have
to be prepared for dealing with the user-created object changing the
whole world under you during a callback, this includes things like doing
any modification to the canvas object itself, but also things like
script navigating away and then causing a GC to tear down the world
around you.

This is usually not very hard to deal with, as long as you are not deep
inside a long callstack when calling out to content. This is because you
have to ensure that the whole callstack is ok with the world changing
around it.

/ Jonas