[whatwg] What should the value attribute be for multi-file upload controls in WF2?

João Eiras joao.eiras at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:20:10 PDT 2008

Hi

> There's a small problem with that too, because we would need a way to handle file names
> that contained quote marks, which is possible on Mac and Linux, but not on Windows.

Not only that, but in unix flavours, paths are separated with : while
in windows they're separated with ;
In *nix special char are escaped with \ while in windows \ separates
directories in paths.
So IMO, it won't be possible to com up with a solution that is cross
platform without making up something completly new.
I'd suggest for HTMLInputElement to have a .files or .paths property
which would be an array of all the files choosen, names only.