[whatwg] Database API feedback - opening an unversioned database with a version

Chris Prince cprince at google.com
Mon May 26 13:04:19 PDT 2008

I think the spec is technically correct.  What's confusing is that the
same line can mean two different things:

// Start with no databases.

// On the 1st call, this line means "create a database,
// and set the version string to the empty string".
var db1 = window.openDatabase("foo", "", "", "");

// On the 2nd call, the meaning has changed to
// "open the 'foo' database, regardless of the version string".
var db2 = window.openDatabase("foo", "", "", "");