[whatwg] HTML 5: Wording of "license" link type is too narrow

Kristof Zelechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Wed May 28 01:44:22 PDT 2008

The correct markup for a link trademark license would be
<A HREF="tmlic.html" />™</A >
A trademark license does not apply to a Web page.  It may of course apply to
the product described on the page but such information is meaningless to
HTML spiders and publishing tools; information an HTML-ignorant end user is
expected to make use of should be exposed in the language she understands,
not with specially dedicated HTML markup.
That is, of course, IMHO - I am not a lawyer.
Chris