[whatwg] Review of the 3.16 section and the HTMLInputElement interface

Samuel Santos samaxes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 10:48:13 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> > > @lang will definitively fix the problem if browsers are willing to
> > > implement it.
> >
> > Ian, can I ask you to please check this with browser vendors?
>
> I don't think the problem is worth fixing, so I'm probably not the best
> person to convince them. :-)

Ian, I've find it really hard to convince someone from
english speaking countries that this is an issue.
But it really is. As is the limitation of decoration of this control.

What I'm really trying here is to have a valid option in HTML5 so we don't
have to rely on techniques like these:
- http://swfupload.org/
- http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

> --