[whatwg] ---

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Wed Nov 5 02:11:56 PST 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 10:46, Pentasis wrote:

> <operator> <operand> etc. etc. etc.? And if code gets this attention
> why not language? (<verb>, <noun> etc. etc.) If we do it like that
> it would never work.

elements flowing out of a desire to replace <i> with something
"semantic".

Since the elements are part of the HTML legacy, there isn't a great
rationale that would justify their inclusion today if they had never
been in HTML and were proposed as new elements now.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/