[whatwg] Scripted querying of <video> capabilities

Jeremy Doig jeremydo at google.com
Thu Nov 13 10:52:43 PST 2008

did this thread go anywhere ?i'm concerned about the "maybe" case - looks
way too much like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DShow#Codec_hell

also - when you probe for mime type, do you mean the entire "type" parameter
(including the codecs string) ? for example, there are too many cases where
just passing "video/mp4" would be insufficient. (fragmented index support ?
base/main/high profile ? paff ? cabac ?)

<source src="video.mp4" type="video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E,
mp4a.40.2"">