[whatwg] Video Element Events? - Use Case: Custom Progress Bar

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Mon Nov 17 15:05:29 PST 2008

Jeremy Doig wrote:
> i would hope that repainting a progress bar that has not moved
> 50x/second would not be a normal implementation too. 2x/second seems
> more realistic (a 300s video with a 600 pixel-wide playbar).

Well, pages are most likely going to update the progress bar as often as
we fire the event. So if we fire the event 50x/second then that's how
often the progress bar will be updated.

Sure, some pages might do things like only update on every 10th event,
but this seems like a complex future since then content might start
relying on that implementations use a specific firing rate.

/ Jonas