[whatwg] WF2: Non-validating submit buttons

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Nov 25 16:43:25 PST 2008

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Martin Atkins wrote:

> It would be useful to be able to mark certain submit buttons as
> non-validating.

I've added a novalidate="" attribute for this case.

Thanks for the discussion of use cases and examples of actual sites, which
were useful in determining whether this was worth adding, in particular:

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Christian Schmidt wrote:

> There appears to be at least some demand for such a feature, and so far
> there has been no negative responses. What is the next step?

The next step is that I eventually (about 670 days later in this instance)
get around to reading the feedback and processing it into the spec. :-)