[whatwg] importScripts() no longer checking for cross-origin loads

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Nov 26 15:40:05 PST 2008

Heads-up: Since nobody could say what security vulnerability we were
protecting against in making importScripts() block cross-origin loads,
I've commented out the step that enforces same-origin restrictions for
importScripts(). The only vulnerabilities I can find are things that can
already be done with <script> (e.g. slurping cookie-protected JSON).