[whatwg] video tag: pixel aspect ratio

João Eiras joao.eiras at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:52:23 PDT 2008

> The entire problem is that it is not simple.  It is less simple to spec,
> less simple to declare, less simple to parse, and less simple to test,
> and there is zero real-world gain in it.

<sarcasm>Oh! Then just drop <video> completly. Better, drop html5 and
there will be even less trouble with specifications.</sarcasm>

If you can come up with a argument that supports a float value, like a
real world use case, other than "we don't feel like editing the spec to
add better, more robust functionality", then you have my support :)