[whatwg] HTML5 - Server-Sent Events Implementation for Mozilla

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 10 12:52:48 PDT 2008

Ian Hickson wrote:
> It just means "do nothing" (including not automatically retrying). If the
> event source is reregistered, then it should go through the same process
> again; the error response doesn't block that URL for all time.

So in practice until page reload, right?

Why are DNS errors different from under underlying network layer errors
here?  For example, when using a proxy, you'll never actually get
"useful" DNS errors, since the only thing you resolve is the proxy.  So
it doesn't make much sense to me to special-case DNS errors...

Also, that still leaves the question of 2xx responses that aren't
explicitly mentioned in the spec.  Those should be treated as 200 in my
opinion.

-Boris