[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Kristof Zelechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Thu Oct 16 10:53:09 PDT 2008

Allowing client-side fragments reduces the number of connections but
allowing server-side partial content is likely to reduce the volume of data.
Those features are antagonists, both are needed and it is hard to tell when
each one should be.
The case of hyperlinked transcript would be better served with an analogue
of IMAGEMAP AREA for cue ranges.  It has been brought forward previously.
The case of instant cue ranges on demand is an edge case.
IMHO,
Chris