[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Biju Gm@il bijumaillist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 22:06:30 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Eduard Pascual <herenvardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I quite agree with this idea. For a number, I think -1 would be ideal:
> it is already used by lots of desktop software to convey similar
> meanings, and could have an interesting benefit implementation-wise:
> if the 2's complement representation of the number is interpreted as
> an unsigned integer, then it will represent the highest respresentable
> value (ie: hex FFFF for 16-bit, or FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF for 64-bit),
> just due to the way 2's complement works.

If we ever add a feature to loop for ever
I like the idea of -1
* representation of it in binary is same a the biggest number
* other implementations already use it
   eg: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534134(VS.85).aspx

Use case:-
It make easy for the "Average Joe" web-developer to write a
infinite-loop player.
Other wise he is going to make web page with lot of javascript event
handler, which may work in IE but not in Firefox.

Thanks.
Biju