[whatwg] a and button

Nils Dagsson Moskopp nils-dagsson-moskopp at dieweltistgarnichtso.net
Sun Oct 19 12:28:28 PDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 19.10.2008, 17:32 +0200 schrieb Håkon Wium Lie:
> Also sprach Kornel Lesinski:
>
>  > > It's not a link. I'd like for buttons to work as links so that they
>  > > take me to a page when I click on them.
>  >
>  > http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#appearance
>  >
>  > a {appearance: button} should do that.
>
> Yes, that's a good proposal. However, it doesn't work in current browsers.
Please, HTML 5 is not a place to offloat your frustration about
unimplemented CSS features. FYI, Both webkit and Mozilla have already
implemented parts of appearance, also it's a purely presentational
thing. That are two big points standing against your proposal.

Greetings,
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>