[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Wed Oct 29 17:19:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Eduard Pascual <herenvardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't multiple <audio> elements be better here?

I can see use cases where multiple audio elements might not be as
useful as one containing multiple samples.

I might have a single audio file containing 500 'parts of speech'
which I form together to make my browser speak lojban, or create some
sound effect. I don't want 500 audio elements. Each instantiation of
an audio element requires that audio element to parse the metadata. I
can't call play on that audio element until 'metadataloaded' occurs so
I have to wait for the event and structure my code around that and the
subsequent delay.

I'm not sure that type of use case is very likely though. In my
JavaScript 8080 emulator I took the approach of multiple audio
elements for the sounds and it works quite well.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz