[whatwg] defining new HTTP headers

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 03:04:46 PDT 2008

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> This e-mail from January 27 never got a reply:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-message-headers/current/msg00085.html
>

> Several changes to the specification have since then be made, including
> changing header names again, but that happened in August. Between
> January and August nobody got back to me. I'm not really inclined to get
> the Provisional Message Header Field Registry fixed at this point.

Nobody is expected to get back to you. As far as I can tell, you are
supposed to email IANA:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3864#section-4.3>:

       Send a copy of the template to the designated email discussion
       list [33] [34].  Allow a reasonable period - at least 2 weeks -
       for discussion and comments, then send the template to IANA at the
       designated email address [35].  IANA will publish the template
       information if the requested name and the specification document
       meet the criteria noted in Section 4.1 and Section 4.2.2, unless
       the IESG or their designated expert have requested that it not be
       published (see Section 4.4).  IESG's designated expert should
       confirm to IANA that the registration criteria have been
       satisfied.

Did you?

BR, Julian