[whatwg] workers

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Sep 30 10:30:09 PDT 2008

Sep 30, 2008, в 9:11 PM, Aaron Boodman написал(а):

> Do you have any thoughts on the extra API on dedicated workers
> proposed by Jonas (DedicatedWorker::sendMessage,
> DedicatedWorkerGlobalScope::onmessage)?

Not really - it seems to me that they could work for shared workers as
well, but I need to think about it more. Creating/accessing a shared
worker could also create a default port that for use with
Worker::postMessage, while all messages from such would be forwarded
to WorkerGlobalScope::onmessage perhaps? Closing such a port wouldn't
kill the worker thread, of course.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov