[whatwg] Fwd: Remarks on HTML5 (ASCII / Unicode)

Innovimax SARL innovimax+whatwg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 02:11:41 PDT 2009

Well again it depends if you read the spec with an ASCII point of view or a
Unicode point of view

If I read carefully the spec, it is explicitly said that

[[
3.3.3.8 Embedding custom non-visible data

A custom data attribute is an attribute whose name starts with the string
"data-", has at least one character after the hyphen, is XML-compatible, has
no namespace, and contains no characters in the range U+0041 .. U+005A
(LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A .. LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z).
]]

So

This sequence is allowed

data-K (where we have this unicode sequence U+0064 U+0061 U+0074 U+0061
U+002D U+212A )

but the following one is NOT

data-K (where we have this unicode sequence U+0064 U+0061 U+0074 U+0061
U+002D U+004B ) ?

That's why I was asking this question in particular

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development