[whatwg] Private browsing vs. Storage and Databases

Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) ifette at google.com
Tue Apr 7 18:11:11 PDT 2009

FWIW, I think it would be helpful to expose via some manner that the user is
in an incognito/private/whatever mode, especially to plugins. (Right now
none of us can really control what plugins are doing). If we exposed that
fact, a page could check it and decide what it wants to do. To me, that
feels a lot better than just saying "No, sorry, you don't get XYZ."