[whatwg] single step v.play();

Biju bijumaillist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 01:15:43 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj at opera.com> wrote:

> Since static markup uses the src attribute it needs to be supported via the
> DOM, so adding a parameter to load/play would only mean that there are
> several ways to do the same thing. I'm not sure replacing an already playing
> media resource is an important enough use case to make such a change to an
> already complex spec.

I did not mean to remove option for assigning to .src property. Like
   v = $('v1');
   v.src = "http://mysite.com/bbbbb.ogg";

and then at a later time user may do
   v.play();
if he want to play it.

Asked for two signature for
   v.play() and    v.load()
one with the URL as parameter,  and other without parameter

As well as an implicit call to v.load() in v.play()

This will make web developers work easier. ie, the js code will become
1/3 most time for the same operation.

Thanks