[whatwg] Remove addCueRange/removeCueRanges

Dr. Markus Walther walther at svox.com
Thu Aug 13 05:34:55 PDT 2009

Hi,

please note that with cue ranges removed, the last HTML 5 method to
perform audio subinterval selection is gone.

AFAIK, when dropping support for 'start' and 'end' attributes it was
noted on this list that cue ranges would provide a replacement to
dynamically select, say, a 3-second range from a 1-hour audio source.

So, if cue ranges will indeed be dropped, could browser vendors and
standards people consider putting 'start' and 'end' back in, just like
Safari had it for a while (albeit buggy)?

Actually, out of curiousity: could gapless concatenation of several
audio objects be added as well, e.g.

audioObject1.append(audioObject2)

or even

audioObject.join([audioObject1,audioObject2,...,audioObjectN)

Just my 2c.

--Markus