[whatwg] the cite element

Erik Vorhes erik at textivism.com
Thu Aug 13 06:59:13 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Remco<remco47 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I defy you to show me in the HTML 4.01 specification where something
>> like the following is nonconforming:

>> had more time for that when I was a professional academic.</p>
>>

> I don't think John Adams is a name of a person in this context. It is
> a group of works.

Sorry, I shouldn't have been so obscure. I was referring to _John
Adams_, by David McCullough, not John Adams the person or the
collected works of John Adams.

The point I'm trying to make by referencing the above HTML fragment is
that using <cite> to surround the title of a work is perfectly
acceptable in HTML 4.01, which Ian claims not to be the case.

Erik