[whatwg] 2.2.2 editorial

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sat Aug 15 04:39:38 PDT 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> "For example, while strongly discouraged to do so, an implementation
> "Foo Browser" could add a new DOM attribute "fooTypeTime" to a
> control's DOM interface that returned the time it took the user to
> select the current value of a control (say)."
>
> while strongly discouraged to do so --> while strongly discouraged from doing so
> delete "(say)". It's informal and redundant with "For example".

I assume these are two independent suggestions.

I've done the first.

I don't have a problem with the examples being informal, and I don't think
it's redundant with the "for example" -- without it, it's not clear if
fooTypeTime could return anything else if it was invented, or if it would
only be allowed to return whatever it is the example says it can return.
So I haven't done the second.

Cheers,