[whatwg] 2.3 editorial: operators, operations, or ?

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at ibiblio.org
Sat Aug 15 07:57:26 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Tab Atkins Jr.<jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:

> The term 'operator' *is* sometimes used to just mean 'function' in
> functional languages.  The term 'comparison operator' in specific is
> fairly normal in my experience.

True, but I do not want to assume familiarity with functional
programing languages in order to comprehend the spec.

"Comparison operators" most commonly refers to symbols such as <, <=,
==, ===, and so forth. In some languages such as Fortran it may refer
to alphabetic symbols such as .GT or .LE. However it is not what is
being described in this section of the HTML5 specification.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo at ibiblio.org