[whatwg] Installed Apps

Dmitry Titov dimich at google.com
Mon Aug 17 15:20:25 PDT 2009

After some internal discussions, I've sent a quite updated proposal which
includes use cases we've looked at ("Global Script"). We've got some
experience of talking with app developers and it seems having a concept of
'application context' or 'global script' is a recurring theme.. The unwanted
serialization and asynchronously in places where developers don't wants them
(think selecting a pice of text in a web application that allows "split
window" view at the document) definitely points that something like a
"Shared Worker" but without a thread and with direct DOM access is a good
idea which compliments the set of building blocks...