[whatwg] Spec comments, section 4.8

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:34:05 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Kevin Benson<kevin.m.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Their purpose is described later in 4.8.10.5 Loading the media
> resource at step 20:

Yes, but maybe a different character could be chosen, if this one
doesn't consistently display in browsers.

> Sentence #1 Recommends unobtrusive implementation of UI features (for
> author's sake).
> Sentence #2 Permits override of boolean attribute for implementation
> of UI features. (for UA's sake)

But ends with a colon, which together with "the following" suggests a
list of some sort was meant to come after it.

> Sentence #3 Recommends unobtrusive implementation of UI features (for
> client's sake).

Which duplicates sentence #1, even though that was only two sentences
before.  So again it looks to me like there was originally something
in between that made this look less redundant.  As it stands it
definitely reads strangely to me, anyway.

(I looked in the version history, but it didn't explain much.  The
paragraph was added as-is in r678 commented out, then uncommented in
r697.)