[whatwg] Global Script proposal.

Mike Wilson mikewse at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:40:15 PDT 2009

Jeremy Orlow wrote:

Btw, I thought I'd just point out that the proposal mentions this case:
"From the proposal text: "All pages connected to the same Global Script
should run on the same thread, in the same process.  Since this is not
always technically possible, it should be legal (and not break the
applications) for there to be duplicate global script contexts within a UA".
I'm glad this came up, however, since now it's more clear why such language
is necessary.

Ah, right I misread that part. I interpreted the second half of it (after
"technically possible") as other threading models were possible. Now, as I
understand it, two pages sharing a GlobalScript MUST share a single thread,
or otherwise MUST use a different/duplicate GlobalScript instance.