[whatwg] Text areas with pattern attributes?

Michelangelo De Simone micdesim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:09:31 PDT 2009

2009/8/19 Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc>:

> So for the pattern attribute, a use case would be on a site that
> accepts US addresses (for example a store that only ships within the
> US), the site could use a textarea together with a pattern that
> matches US addresses.

That would be a most unusual scenario IMO: I've never encountered such
a format. Postal addresses are usually quite "structured", I guess
nobody would impose a pattern on a single giant address (textarea),
instead multiple form elements (input) could be used together to
compose a postal address, even to provide a finer grain check on
user's data.

My two cents.
--
Bye,