[whatwg] Proposed changes to the History API

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Thu Aug 20 11:20:29 PDT 2009

I see.  It makes more sense why you mentioned the session storage element
then.  Note that there has been some discussion about whether session
storage should survive crashes, but I know Safari and Chrome are currently
planning to _not_ serialize it to disk.
I don't have any good use cases for allowing DOM objects.  And, if history
is going to be recoverable, I completely agree that we shouldn't allow that.
 I still think we shouldn't force app developers to serialize everything to
strings.  Maybe we can just raise an exception if they try to set the
history state to something unserializable?  (I guess that's what you're
already doing?)