[whatwg] Global Script proposal

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Fri Aug 21 12:47:27 PDT 2009

I'm confused about the manual loading of the script into the context? The
original proposal called for providing a script url when creating/connecting
to an instance of a global-script... in which case each client page
expresses something more like...
globalScript = new GlobalScript(scriptUrl);
globalScript.onload = myFunctionThatGetsCalledWhenTheScriptIsLoaded;
// some time later onload fires, if the script was already loaded, its
called on the next time thru the message loop

... the system (not the client pages) keep track of how many client pages
are concurrently accessing the same GlobalScript.