[whatwg] Text areas with pattern attributes?

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue Aug 25 10:14:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:57:59 +0200, Peter Kasting <pkasting at google.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Anne van Kesteren
> <annevk at opera.com>wrote:
>> Also, maxlength cannot be enforced as client-side validation requirement
>> due to compatibility issues.
>
> I don't grasp what you're saying here.  Are you saying that maxlength or
> ValidityState.tooLong() cannot be implemented as specced?

I was trying to say something else (Web Forms 2.0 was at one point
modified to only enforce maxlength if the value was actually changed by
the user and I misremembered how that was solved), but it turns out what
is specified clashes with a jQuery extension to the textarea element as
well :/ Not sure how to address that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/