[whatwg] Web Storage: apparent contradiction in spec

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Wed Aug 26 17:05:20 PDT 2009

> Maybe the local storage API needs a way to distinguish between cached data
that can be silently thrown away, and important data that can't.*
*
*What if instead of the storage APIs providing a way to distinguish things,
UA's provide a way for users to indicate which applications are "important",
and UA's provide a way for applications guide a user towards making that
indication.*

*Seems like permissioning, blessing, could happen out-of-band of the
existing storage APIs.*
*
*