[whatwg] Proposal to drag virtual file out of browser

Sebastian Markbåge sebastian at calyptus.eu
Thu Aug 27 23:48:38 PDT 2009

For future reference, I posted another suggestion to the public-webapps
list. Instead of specifying a download URL, you could specify a URL on a
type as the source of the data:

dataTransfer.setRemoteData(mimeType, url);

That could allow for both file downloads and/or lazy loading of data
transfers for any type.

It still doesn't provide a way for lazy loading of application created
content. Perhaps something like: dataTransfer.setLazyData(mimeType,
callback); would be appropriate for this.