[whatwg] HTML 5 drag and drop feedback

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sun Aug 30 19:46:18 PDT 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Francisco Tolmasky wrote:

> I recently had a chance to play around with the new HTML 5 drag and drop
> implementations and documented my experiences on my blog. I was advised
> to share the link to this mailing list as I ran into a number of
> setbacks and had a few comments on the problems I experienced and some
> proposals as to how they could be overcome. The blog post is available
> here: http://www.alertdebugging.com/2009/08/16/on-html-5-drag-and-drop/

Thanks.

The big thing to realise about this API is that it isn't young -- it's
what IE has shipped for about 10 years, and what Safari has had for a bit
less than that.

We should definitely extend the API going forward, but I'd rather wait
until the browsers implement this set of features reliably before adding
more features.