[whatwg] Uploading directories of files

Franz Buchinger fbuchinger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:47:21 PST 2009

Hi Ian,

thanks for suggesting recursive directory selection! This comes almost a bit
surprising to me, since Gears decided to deny this feature (
http://code.google.com/p/gears/wiki/FileSystemAPI). One of the reasons for
the denial still applies: how can the user be sure what he is uploading? If
the file chooser "silently" accesses files from subdirectories, the user
must browse these first to avoid uploading of e.g. confidential data.

So my suggestion is that the UA must provide a list of all uploaded files
within a confirmation dialog before these files get uploaded.

Franz