[whatwg] Quality Values for Media Source Elements

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:54:28 PST 2009

Ah that's excellent. I was under the impression that all
implementations so far are ignoring the media attribute in the
selection algorithm. But it seems I am mistaken. Do all browsers
implement this support then? And can we put the examples below into
the specification?

Indeed it seems to me the solution to the "quality" problem should
then be done through the media attribute. I am not sure yet how to,
because we have no definition for what a "low quality" or "high
quality" video is other than some form or SD vs HD and lower
resolution vs higher resolution and lower bandwidth vs higher
bandwidth.

Regards,
Silvia.