[whatwg] Web API for speech recognition and synthesis

Bjorn Bringert bringert at google.com
Wed Dec 2 03:32:07 PST 2009

We've been watching our colleagues build native apps that use speech
recognition and speech synthesis, and would like to have JavaScript
APIs that let us do the same in web apps. We are thinking about
creating a lightweight and implementation-independent API that lets
web apps use speech services. Is anyone else interested in that?

Bjorn Bringert, David Singleton, Gummi Hafsteinsson

--
Bjorn Bringert
Google UK Limited, Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham