[whatwg] Thread to run Web Socket feedback from the protocol ?

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at apple.com
Thu Dec 3 13:43:10 PST 2009

On 03.12.2009, at 9:50, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

>> If server sends back handshake response and a data frame, and close
>> immediately, fast enough to run JavaScript on browser, how
>> readyState should be?
>
> I'd expect it to work in the same way it works for XMLHttpRequest -
> e.g., in an onreadystate handler of XMLHttpRequest, readyState does
> not change due to background processing of incoming data.

On the other hand, it can't possibly work like XMLHttpRequest - for
whatever reason, the Web Sockets spec says that events are posted
asynchronously. Maybe I'm not the last an only one to get confused by
this difference from XMLHttpRequest events.

In light of this, I think that the test in question is incorrect.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov