[whatwg] api for fullscreen()

Dion Almaer dion at almaer.com
Thu Dec 17 08:57:35 PST 2009

I love the idea of fullscreen() and on* events for developers and letting
the browsers come up with smart ways to do as much as they can to protect
users (as they have done countless times before with popups, phishing, etc).

We can't say no to every feature because "some poor user may click on
something by mistake" else we will have a weak platform. We need to do what
we can to educate and help as much as possible in the browsers.

Following Flash blindly doesn't have to be good, but Flash *does* have great
features for users and we shouldn't be blind to what they offer as a
platform and take the best parts (and make it better).

Cheers,

Dion

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>