[whatwg] window.print() when printing is not supported

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Mon Dec 28 09:12:09 PST 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:07:46 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> Come to think of it, airline boarding passes are the only case in which
> I print things from the web using either print buttons or the browser's
> "print" functionality.  Are there other common printing use cases?  What
> are they?

Today someone printed a map for me so I could cycle towards some Apple
repair shop somewhere outside of town. This and your use case will be more
or less obsolete once everyone has a capable enough handset though. (E.g.
KLM already has digital boarding passes and using some mapping application
on a phone is getting pretty common.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/