[whatwg] RDFa is to structured data, like canvas is to bitmap and SVG is to vector

Giovanni Gentili giovanni.gentili at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:11:41 PST 2009

Calogero Alex Baldacchino wrote:
> It seems that you'd expect RDFa to be specced out before solving related
> problems (so to push their solution). I don't think that's the right path to
> follow, instead known issues must be solved before making a decision, so
> that the specification can tell exactly what developers must implement

I think that an help in defining of the requirements around
structured data, RDFa, metadata copy&paste, semantic links [1],etc
could came from the W3C document "Use Cases and Requirements
for Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0" [2]

Take the requirements listed from "r01" to "r13" and replace
the term "media objects" with "structured/linked data".

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jan/0082.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-annot-reqs-20090119/#req-r01
--
Giovanni Gentili