[whatwg] List Headers

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 4 06:48:03 PST 2009

On 4/2/09 13:42, Julian Reschke wrote:
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-figure-element>:
>
> "The figure element represents some flow content, optionally with a
> caption, which can be moved away from the main flow of the document
> without affecting the document's meaning."
>
> I don't think this is usually the case for a list.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it would help if someone could dig up
real examples of lists that:

1. Need a label that is not a section heading.

_and_

2. Could not be moved away from the main flow of the document without
affecting the document's meaning.

Then we could be sure we're solving a real problem.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis